Adapted from Tosca Reno’s ‘The Eat Clean Diet, Stripped’ this recipe is gluten-free, low in fat and super high in protein! Serves approximately 4 people. I was eating leftovers for days!
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- Olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced or chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 g extra-firm tofu cut into cubes
- 150g chopped skinless, boneless chicken thigh (hormone free)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Bring 2 cups water and salt to boil and add the quinoa and stir. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and set aside.
Heat approximately 1-2 tsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sweat until starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook through for a minute then add the chicken and cook until browned. Stir in cauliflower, tofu, raisins, spices, salt, pepper, vegetable broth and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until cauliflower is starting to become tender, this will only take a few minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until broth reduces by half, approximately another five minutes.
Remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Serve with 2 tbsp of quinoa, sprinkle with almonds, cilantro and a dollop of natural yoghurt if desired.