I love miso soup and by adding in bok choy and tofu it becomes a nourishing yet light mid week dinner. Mushrooms would also be a great addition. It feels cleansing to eat! A great Monday night soup after an indulgent weekend. This serves approximately 4 people as a main soup.
- 1 tbsp unrefined sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tbsp finely diced ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 baby bok choy, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2-3 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 block firm baked tofu thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red miso paste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until onions become translucent. Add the broth, carrots, chicken, tofu, bok choy and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately another 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with sliced green onions.