I made this tabbouleh salad most recently for friends over lunch served alongside homemade lamb burgers stuffed with feta. This salad is tangy and fresh and would also be excellent with fresh grilled squid.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to directions
- 1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups small grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons plus grated lemon zest to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts
- Pinch of sea salt, pepper and red pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients together in a large salad bowl. Add in additional pepper, lemon juice and grated zest to taste. Extra mint and parsley would be great to brighten up this delicious dish even further. Excellent served at room temperature or straight out of the fridge. I added into the salad some grilled chicken breast chopped into cubes that had been dusted in a little dry spice powder. Truly delicious for dinner or lunch, ill be serving this up again to a group of girlfriends this Saturday!