Super healthy mid week soup. Excellent for lunch or as a light dinner. Make sure to make extra – you wont regret it!
Ingredients : (Serves 4)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin cannellini beans (or broad beans) rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup cooked green peas
- 1L low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup Sliced black and green olives
- Chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- Sea salt and pepper
Heat a tsp olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion with a pinch of sea salt and sweat for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the celery, capsicum and carrot and cook until beginning to soften. Then add in the tomato, beans and stock and reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes until carrots are tender. Remove from heat and add the green peas and spinach and stir through. Ladle into serving bowls, top with the sliced olives, chopped parsley and fresh cracked pepper.