This is such a simple salad to make and tastes so bright and cheerful I swear it lifts my mood! It’s excellent to eat on a hot summers evening or as a hassle free lunch on the weekend. The creamy avocado and mozzarella work excellently with the tangy fruit, the biggest challenge is trying to get each ingredient loaded on to your fork!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 skinless, bones chicken breasts poached and sliced
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 punnet of strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 handful crushed natural walnuts
- 1 buffalo mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 orange cut into segments
- ¾ cup seedless red grapes, sliced in half
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- 3 parts extra virgin olive oil
- 1 part Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
Bring a medium sized pot of chicken or vegetable stock to boil, add chicken breasts ensuring they are completely submerged in the liquid then turn off heat, cover and allow to cook in broth for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and slice into bit sized chunks.
Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and season with a little sea salt and cracked pepper. Emulsify the olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a little extra sea salt and pepper and toss through the salad to lightly coat the ingredients.