Egg whites, cinnamon, coconut & apples come together to create a delicious breakfast or healthy dessert
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp unsweetened cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- Dash almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 finely sliced green apple (I use a mandolin to slice)
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cinnamon powder
- 3 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp almond butter mixed with 1 tsp water
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Whisk together the egg whites, cinnamon powder, vanilla, almond milk and coconut oil. Heat a frypan on medium to medium high heat and pour in egg mixture creating a large, thin circle in the pan. Meanwhile, slice the apple then microwave on high for 20 seconds. Once the egg mixture is bubbling and almost cooked through add the sliced apple to one half of the circle, sprinkle with a little cinnamon 1.5 tsp shredded coconut and fold the other half over. Remove from pan to a plate.
Stir together the almond butter with the water and microwave on high for about 10 seconds to make a liquid. Using a spoon drizzle the almond butter over the turnover, sprinkle the extra shredded coconut and serve with a side of fresh blueberries.